Responsible for loading, transporting and unloading ready mix concrete from batch plant to customer job sites following established safety, service and quality policies and procedures. Responsibilities
- Performs daily pre-trip vehicle safety inspection according to company guidelines
- Maintains truck maintenance, fluid levels and fuel as needed or required
- Reports any vehicle mechanical problems on a timely basis to ensure prompt attention from fleet maintenance
- Positions mixer truck under batch plant to be loaded to ensure minimal material waste
- Follows written and oral instructions from dispatch or plant manager to ensure the quality of the concrete loaded into mixer drum is within customer specifications
- Determines the most direct route to customer job site giving consideration to safety, traffic and state DOT regulations.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required or needed
- Drives/Operates mixer truck to deliver and unload concrete safely at customer job site
- Inspects customer job site to ensure truck can be operated safely and delivery can be made safely and efficiently
- Communicates pleasantly and professionally with customers
- Attaches extension chutes as needed to ensure efficient unloading
- Removes excess concrete from truck exterior surfaces (including chutes) with water at a site specified by the customer and according to applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Discards excess concrete from mixer drum according to company practices and guidelines and within local, state and federal environmental regulations
- Ensures mixer drum is properly maintained and kept free of concrete build-up on the interior
- Maintains communications with dispatch or batch plant through accurate/timely use of Zello system and two-way radio
- Keeps the interior and exterior of the truck clean and free of clutter to include removing road film and excess concrete from exterior surfaces
- Completes required paperwork timely and accurately
- Follows established company policies and guidelines for safety, quality and service
- Maintains neat and professional personal appearance
- Works from other operation locations as needed
- Performs other duties as required by plant manager or other management employees
· HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Minimum age of 21 years old required.
· Current, valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
· Prefer at least one year of experience driving heavy equipment especially in construction or construction-related positions.
· Satisfactory driving record.
· General knowledge of the local area is preferred.
· Demonstrated proficiency with simple math calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (especially percentages) as well as measurements.
· Demonstrated ability to follow instructions (oral and written) and to work independently.
· Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English.