The Financial Analyst provides accurate and data based information on the company’s profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity for our Ready Mix/Aggregates and corporate divisions.
· Preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements and presentations. Working closely with our Managers to explain monthly, YTD business activity, and significant variances to budget.
· Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts, etc.) taking into account the company’s goals and financial standing.
· Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
· Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis.
· Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models.
· Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions to the FP&A Manager based on sound analysis.
· Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts.
· Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
· Develop short term and long term financial forecasts and projections.
· Assist Operations in developing capital expenditure requests, including returns on investment, payback, etc.
· Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope.
· Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that affect the company.
· Provide support and guidance to our Managers to assist in analyzing and understanding financial reports.
· Adheres to company policies and procedures.
· Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management as well as with professional staff and personnel outside of the organization
· Knowledge of balance sheet, P&L, and cash flow statements
· Computer literate particularly in Microsoft Office applications including excellent Excel skills in pivot tables, v lookups, and financial modeling
· Strong analytical skills
· Detail oriented
· Ability to work with tight deadlines.
· Strong work ethic
· Ability to work well as part of a team, but also work independently to accomplish tasks
· Proven working experience as a financial analyst
· Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
· Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages
· Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
· Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
· Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA or CMA a plus
· Must be willing to travel to operations facilities to provide financial training and support
· SAFETY - Our moto of SAFETY ALWAYS is at the core of everything we do each day.
· COMMUNITY- We believe that PB Materials team members should be involved in and contribute to their local communities.
· QUALITY - We are committed to consistent production practices that ensure that our customers always receive high-performing products that meet specifications.
· SERVICE - We are committed to provide customers consistent service, where we keep our promises and passionately work to meet customer needs.
· TEAMWORK - We believe that teams should capture the best ideas of every individual and use constructive conflict to identify and implement best practices.
· EXCELLENCE - We are committed to do things right the first time, and the willingness to strive to get better, all the time.
· INTEGRITY - PB Materials team members adhere to firm moral standards.
Personal and Team Effectiveness
· Proactive Planning. Utilize principles of time management to effectively maximize personal productivity.
· Safety. Personally operate in a safe and controlled manner, does not cause a hazardous situation for other employees.
· Teamwork. Invest in the success of other team members by expending extra effort to help others achieve their goals and objectives.
· Mentoring. Teach less experienced or skilled members of the team by utilizing on-the-job training opportunities.
· Personal Growth. Bring an insatiable appetite to improve personal skills by reading and pursuing education
· Profit Focused. Work to help improve profitability by controlling costs and increasing efficiency.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
· Candidate must be drug free.
· Regular walking, standing, climbing, reaching, seizing, holding, grasping, turning, pulling, pushing and lifting activities are required for this position.
· Must be able to: occasionally lift and carry no more than 10 lbs. from floor level to waist level.
· Sit/stand for extended periods of time.
· Work is performed in a normal office environment