The Aggregate Business Development Manager role will consist of identifying additional aggregate opportunities, helping build demand for contract crushing in the energy, building, and TXDOT sectors, maintaining and building key customer relationships, mentoring aggregate representatives, participating in the negotiation and closing of aggregate business deals and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
· Support the "Safety Always" culture within the PB Materials organization.
· Identify potential new aggregate contract crushing opportunities throughout the Permian Basin.
· Work in close concert with manager of the contract crushing team developing opportunities.
· Collaborate in the development of new clients for the existing business and potential new businesses.
· Call upon known and unknown potential aggregate customers identifying an additional pipeline of opportunities.
· Meet potential clients growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
· Mentor the existing aggregate staff providing insight based on a wealth of experience.
· Identify and help clarify potential clients, and key decision makers within the market.
· Build relationships with new potential clients in the energy sector in need of materials.
· Review and interpret customer specifications and sales agreements.
· Work with team to develop proposals and participate in pricing/service strategies.
· Present new products, specialty aggregates and services to enhance existing relationships.
· Work with technical & internal colleagues to meet customer needs and develop ideas for profit improvement.
· Assist aggregate team in development of strategic plans that exceed established sales goals.
· Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
· Work in close collaboration with contract crushing team and commercial aggregate sales team.
· Effectively support large scale, complex contracts negotiations to close new business deals.
· Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
· Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 5 years of aggregate sales, marketing and operational experience and prior supervisory/management experience required.
· The Business Development Manager must have the requisite skills in identifying customer needs and challenges, prospecting, networking, planning, market knowledge, and meeting and exceeding sales goals.
· Must have effective supervision and development skills including the ability to effectively coach and mentor staff.
· Must be able to understand construction blueprints and site development layouts to effectively determine product needs and prepare pricing and project quotes.
· SAFETY - Our motto of SAFETY ALWAYS is at the core of everything we do each day.
· COMMUNITY - We believe that PB Materials team members should be involved in and contribute to their local communities.
· QUALITY - We are committed to consistent production practices that ensure that our customers always receive high-performing products that meet specifications.
· SERVICE - We are committed to provide customers consistent service, where we keep our promises and passionately work to meet customer needs.
· TEAMWORK - We believe that teams should capture the best ideas of every individual and use constructive conflict to identify and implement best practices.
· EXCELLENCE - We are committed to do things right the first time, and the willingness to strive to get better, all the time.
· INTEGRITY - PB Materials team members adhere to firm moral standards.
Personal and Team Effectiveness
· Proactive Planning. Utilize principles of time management to effectively maximize personal productivity.
· Safety. Personally operate in a safe and controlled manner, does not cause a hazardous situation for other employees.
· Teamwork. Invest in the success of other team members by expending extra effort to help others achieve their goals and objectives.
· Mentoring. Teach less experienced or skilled members of the team by utilizing on-the-job training opportunities.
· Personal Growth. Bring an insatiable appetite to improve personal skills by reading and pursuing education
· Profit Focused. Work to help improve profitability by controlling costs and increasing efficiency.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
· Candidate must be drug free.
· Regular walking, standing, climbing, reaching, seizing, holding, grasping, turning, pulling, pushing and lifting activities are required for this position.
· Must be able to:
· Occasionally lift and carry no more than 10 pounds from floor level to waist level
· Sit/stand for extended periods of time
· Work is performed in a normal office environment.