The FP&A Manager will serve as a key member of the accounting and finance team and assist in making informed business decisions regarding the continuous improvement of strategy, business performance and profitability.
Specifically, the FP&A Manager will ensure accurate financial data and analysis and assist with proper accounting processes and internal controls of the Company. This will include functional responsibility for internal and external reporting, budgeting, forecasting, financial planning and analysis, and assisting with external audit. The FP&A Manager provides financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects.
Responsible for managing the financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis of company operating results and company performance against bank covenants. Additionally, the FP&A Manager will participate in the strategic planning and direction of the company.
Assist organization by identifying ways to improve accounting and finance processes to aid in the reporting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis of company performance.
- Build a working relationship with plant and regional and department managers to develop strong communication in regards to their financial reporting, budgets and forecasts
- Earning the respect of his or her peers, subordinates, and superiors for his or her integrity, ethics, moral compass, and ability to set a standard for their leadership to follow.
- Manage team of analysts to provide timely and accurate financial data and analysis to assess and trend business performance.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, margins, and capital expenditures and provide meaningful and insightful commentary to management.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes including identifying areas of improvement in inventory management and costing.
- Develop and maintain monthly reports to assist managers in understanding and analyzing business performance.
- Prepare management reports (cash flow forecasting, inventory, balance sheet, budget, etc.), identifying and communicating areas of needed improvement or areas of concern.
- Create, update and maintain financial models and detailed forecasts including measuring performance against bank covenants on monthly basis
- Complete accurate and timely bank quarterly and annual reporting pack timely and submit to CFO for signature
- Develop and prepare monthly operational and financial reporting packages for owners and for regional management teams.
- Work with external resources in managing reporting process
- Develop, implement, maintain and improve analytics and data collection standards and processes
- Create implement, measure and report on key performance indicators measuring performance
- Own the budget, forecasting and planning process
- Develop, prepare and present consolidated and regional/department budgets by working with regional/department management teams and Accounting to prepare consolidated and regional/department budgets including balance sheet, cash flow, profit & loss, capital expenditures, labor and headcount.
- Create, update and maintain financial models, budgets and detailed forecasts on company and department level, including measuring performance against bank covenants on monthly basis
- Long range sales and financial modeling to support strategic planning process and potential acquisitions.
- Maintain list of monthly reports, ensuring completion by delegating among team members and external resources.
- Ad hoc analysis
- Assist with annual external audit
- Assist in ERP implementation and changes to systems
- Identify tools and processes to improve the FP&A functions
- Able to professionally manage sensitive and confidential information
- Assist with physical inventory and fixed asset counts
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Review & know Balance Sheet
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Provide district management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Manage and motivate accounting staff
The FP&A Manager should be a high energy, detail oriented and thoughtful leader who acts with a strong sense of urgency and who is driven for team success. In addition, we will be aiming for the following attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of three to five years in complex accounting/finance roles (i.e. – multi-location, multi-product organizations) with a track record of success in financial roles and expanding responsibilities.
- The FP&A Manager must have the requisite skills to understand the financial drivers of the business, ensure the accuracy of US GAAP accounting, work with external auditors, and communicate well with district managers on the financial performance of the company.
- PE backed experience is not necessary but is a plus.
- Experience in a family owned business where the executive helped to retain local company knowledge and expertise while also establishing best in class financial processes is also a plus.
- Experience with annual budget and long range financial planning processes and managing and developing monthly financial reporting and analysis is required.
- Experience managing or working in an organization with external debt facilities including bank financing containing quarterly financial reporting and covenant compliance is a strong plus.
- Experience creating, maintaining and improving financial models
- Thorough understanding of the relational nature of financial statements
- Experience in implementing a financial ERP system is a strong plus.
- M&A experience or experience integrating and consolidating financial systems as part of an acquisition is a plus.
- The FP&A Manager must be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbal
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully balance the achievement of short-term objectives (quarterly budget objectives, expense management, etc.) with longer-term strategic goals.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Team oriented, able to take direction and work independently
- Able to think through issues
- Initiative and sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to use technology for efficiency gains
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, with focus on exceptional excel skills
- CPA, CMA designation is a strong plus.
- SAFETY - Our moto of SAFETY ALWAYS is at the core of everything we do each day.
- COMMUNITY- We believe that PB Materials team members should be involved in and contribute to their local communities.
- QUALITY - We are committed to consistent production practices that ensure that our customers always receive high-performing products that meet specifications.
- SERVICE - We are committed to provide customers consistent service, where we keep our promises and passionately work to meet customer needs.
- TEAMWORK - We believe that teams should capture the best ideas of every individual and use constructive conflict to identify and implement best practices.
- EXCELLENCE - We are committed to do things right the first time, and the willingness to strive to get better, all the time.
- INTEGRITY - PB Materials team members adhere to firm moral standards.
Personal and Team Effectiveness
- Proactive Planning. Utilize principles of time management to effectively maximize personal productivity.
- Safety. Personally operate in a safe and controlled manner, does not cause a hazardous situation for other employees.
- Teamwork. Invest in the success of other team members by expending extra effort to help others achieve their goals and objectives.
- Mentoring. Teach less experienced or skilled members of the team by utilizing on-the-job training opportunities.
- Personal Growth. Bring an insatiable appetite to improve personal skills by reading and pursuing education
- Profit Focused. Work to help improve profitability by controlling costs and increasing efficiency.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Candidate must be drug free.
- Regular walking, standing, climbing, reaching, seizing, holding, grasping, turning, pulling, pushing and lifting activities are required for this position.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry no more than 10 lbs. from floor level to waist level.
- Sit/stand for extended periods of time.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment