Our Ready Mix Division in Lovington, NM is seeking experienced Ready Mix drivers to join our team! With operations growing across Texas and New Mexico, we are seeking experienced drivers and hiring immediately!
Responsible for loading, transporting and unloading ready mix concrete from batch plant to customer job sites following established safety, service and quality policies and procedures. Responsibilities
- Performs daily pre-trip vehicle safety inspection according to company guidelines
- Maintains truck maintenance, fluid levels and fuel as needed or required
- Reports any vehicle mechanical problems on a timely basis to ensure prompt attention from fleet maintenance
- Positions mixer truck under batch plant to be loaded to ensure minimal material waste
- Follows written and oral instructions from dispatch or plant manager to ensure the quality of the concrete loaded into mixer drum is within customer specifications
- Determines the most direct route to customer job site giving consideration to safety, traffic and state DOT regulations.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required or needed
- Drives/Operates mixer truck to deliver and unload concrete safely at customer job site
- Inspects customer job site to ensure truck can be operated safely and delivery can be made safely and efficiently
- Communicates pleasantly and professionally with customers
- Attaches extension chutes as needed to ensure efficient unloading
- Removes excess concrete from truck exterior surfaces (including chutes) with water at a site specified by the customer and according to applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Discards excess concrete from mixer drum according to company practices and guidelines and within local, state and federal environmental regulations
- Ensures mixer drum is properly maintained and kept free of concrete build-up on the interior
- Maintains communications with dispatch or batch plant through accurate/timely use of Zello system and two-way radio
- Keeps the interior and exterior of the truck clean and free of clutter to include removing road film and excess concrete from exterior surfaces
- Completes required paperwork timely and accurately
- Follows established company policies and guidelines for safety, quality and service
- Maintains neat and professional personal appearance
- Works from other operation locations as needed
- Performs other duties as required by plant manager or other management employees
· HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Minimum age of 21 years old required.
· Current, valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
· Prefer at least one year of experience driving heavy equipment especially in construction or construction-related positions.
· Satisfactory driving record.
· General knowledge of the local area is preferred.
· Demonstrated proficiency with simple math calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division (especially percentages) as well as measurements.
· Demonstrated ability to follow instructions (oral and written) and to work independently.
· Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English.