Under minimal supervision, the primary duties of the position are the mechanical maintenance of the company fleet and plant facilities.Functional Responsibilities
· Diagnose problems and perform mechanical repair and maintenance: to stationary production machinery including but not limited to batch plants, motors, conveyors, elevators and drives; to heavy equipment machinery; and/or diesel and fleet vehicles.
· Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
· Perform all maintenance operations (welding, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, hydraulics, and air systems) in accordance with technical specifications and safety regulations.
· Periodically inspect equipment in accordance with the company’s Prescribed Inspection Schedule and complete equipment inspection and reports.
· Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufactures specifications.
· Operate and inspect machines/heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
· Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
· Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
· Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records.
· Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
· Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
· Assemble gear systems, and align frames and gears.
· Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
· Weld or solder broken parts and structural members using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
· Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
· Rebuild or fabricate parts.
· Comply with all environment, health, and safety and training policies, procedures and requirements.
· Keep work area and all tools, vehicles, and equipment neat, clean, and in good repair; clean work area at the end of every shift.
· Perform other duties as directed by supervisor. Competences:
· Excellent computer skills to perform computer diagnostics and to maintain service repair and maintenance records.
· Analytical skills to identify and solve mechanical problemsExperience/Training/Certifications
· A High School Diploma with 2-5 years of relevant industry experience in plant service and repair.
· R&M Trade School education preferred
· A Class A or B license required