The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for promoting timely collection of accounts receivable, with an emphasis on improving cash collections, improving DSO, and reducing write-offs.
· Perform collection activities for customer accounts in accordance with PB Materials collection policy and practices in a manner that will result in maximum collectibles and prompt payment as assigned by the Assistant Credit Manager.
· Cross train in advance collection procedures such as lien notices and customer placing holds.
· Collaborate with Sales and Operations on customer sales, ticketing, and invoicing.
· Monitor company bank accounts for cash, credit card, ACH funding, insufficient funds, and reconcile to A/R postings.
· Maintain daily log of all cash and credit card transactions and applies customer payments accurately and in a timely manner.
· Maintain COD customers and facilitate payment collection with plants.
· Maintain Betenbough finishers invoice logs and weekly payouts.
· Reconcile daily sales tickets to cash/credit card transactions.
· Enter new customer accounts and update information as needed. Process customer applications for credit reports and references.
· Perform billing duties: ticket indexing, monitor plant ticket scans, generate invoices, credit/debit memos, rebills, postage and mail out of invoices and statements.
· Send out invoices, tickets, and new customer documents at customer requests.
· Research customer billing requests and any other request by Sales or management teams.
· Make adjustments to customer accounts as authorized by the Assistant Credit Manager.
· Maintain up-to-date customer files and makes address and name changes as needed.
· Generate reports as requested/required.
· Daily mail pickup at the post office and weekly cash deposit at the bank.
· Sign out tickets to plants as requested.
· Notify Assistance Credit Manager when ticket stock is low for reorder.
· Take the initiative to start new tasks, projects or operate out of their area of influence.
· Adhere to company policies and procedures and continuously promote safety within the company.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned.
· Computer literate particularly in Microsoft Office applications
· Ability to prioritize work load and multi-task as needed
· Good mathematical skills and reasoning ability
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Detail oriented
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· High School diploma and 1 year of relevant experience in Basic Accounting/Accounts Receivable/Collections required; focused in the Aggregate/Ready Mix industry preferred
· SAFETY - Our moto of SAFETY ALWAYS is at the core of everything we do each day.
· COMMUNITY- We believe that PB Materials team members should be involved in and contribute to their local communities.
· QUALITY - We are committed to consistent production practices that ensure that our customers always receive high-performing products that meet specifications.
· SERVICE - We are committed to provide customers consistent service, where we keep our promises and passionately work to meet customer needs.
· TEAMWORK - We believe that teams should capture the best ideas of every individual and use constructive conflict to identify and implement best practices.
· EXCELLENCE - We are committed to do things right the first time, and the willingness to strive to get better, all the time.
· INTEGRITY - PB Materials team members adhere to firm moral standards.
Personal and Team Effectiveness
· Proactive Planning. Utilize principles of time management to effectively maximize personal productivity.
· Safety. Personally operate in a safe and controlled manner, does not cause a hazardous situation for other employees.
· Teamwork. Invest in the success of other team members by expending extra effort to help others achieve their goals and objectives.
· Mentoring. Teach less experienced or skilled members of the team by utilizing on-the-job training opportunities.
· Personal Growth. Bring an insatiable appetite to improve personal skills by reading and pursuing education.
· Profit Focused. Work to help improve profitability by controlling costs and increasing efficiency.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
· Candidate must be drug free.
· Regular walking, standing, climbing, reaching, seizing, holding, grasping, turning, pulling, pushing and lifting activities are required for this position.
· Must be able to:
o Occasionally lift and carry no more than 10 pounds from floor level to waist level
o Sit/stand for extended periods of time
· Work is performed in a normal office environment.