Identify, develop, sell and service customers and markets. Responsible for sales projects and planning, customer service, generating new business, retaining existing business and participating in public/community relations for assigned territories.Functional Responsibilities
· Develop itineraries to maintain contact with customers within assigned territories to ensure customer satisfaction and build strong personal relationships with company owners and other key personnel with products and services and to determine additional needs.
· Present new products, specialty aggregates and services to enhance existing relationships.
· Monitor business leads utilizing the established Bid Process to included monitoring CMD’s, developing referrals, contacting non-active customers, monitoring issuance of permits, and servicing current customers. Attend major bid openings as needed or directed.
· Be customer centric by recording all customer information, interactions, and activities in the sales tracking software. Be actively present on client job sites to ensure customer satisfaction during project implementation.
· Prepare quotes and negotiate agreements with customers providing information on pricing in accordance with established pricing matrix, quality of products, and services while attaining the highest possible unit selling prices and profits. Place orders with appropriate department and monitor product and delivery of order.
· Troubleshoot customer complaints/problems regarding billing, quality, quantity, and service. Provide efficient resolutions to instill customer satisfaction. Assist Accounts Receivable and Credit departments in resolving account issues.
· Actively participate in networking events such as; community events, meetings, seminars and non-profit activities to promote the company products and services. Entertain customers to develop and enhance effective customer relations. Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
· Compile information and prepare accurate and timely daily sales reports and monthly expense reports. Prepare customer profile forms for Credit department including classification of customer.
· Work in coordination with Sales Coordinator to assist Operations, Dispatchers, and Logistics as required for customer service, project status reports, and resolution of problems.
· Prepare projected business outlook for assigned territories and meet or exceed established sales forecasts.
· Be basically knowledgeable in all phases of Ready Mix Concrete Operations and Aggregate products and be able to perform quality control tests to ensure product standards are in compliance with specification as needed.
· Participate in continuing education to be advanced in industry knowledge – NRMCA CCSP (Certified Concrete Sales Professional); ACI training and seminars
· Perform other duties as assignedCompetencies
· Thorough understanding of aggregates and concrete products and a willingness to learn more
· Excellent relationship building skills
· Basic understanding of production costs and logistics
· Customer Focused with the ability to build client relationships
· Proficient use of a CRM
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proficient sales software application and Microsoft office applications
· Excellent organization skillsExperience/Training/Certifications
· Well connected in the Permian Basin with a proven track record
· Proven ability to meet and exceed sales quotes
· A valid driver’s license with no major violations that would exclude a person from driving for business as defined by our insurance carrier and company policyCore Values
· SAFETY - Our moto of SAFETY ALWAYS is at the core of everything we do each day.
· COMMUNITY- We believe that PB Materials team members should be involved in and contribute to their local communities.
· QUALITY - We are committed to consistent production practices that ensure that our customers always receive high-performing products that meet specifications.
· SERVICE - We are committed to provide customers consistent service, where we keep our promises and passionately work to meet customer needs.
· TEAMWORK - We believe that teams should capture the best ideas of every individual and use constructive conflict to identify and implement best practices.
· EXCELLENCE - We are committed to do things right the first time, and the willingness to strive to get better, all the time.
· INTEGRITY - PB Materials team members adhere to firm moral standards. Personal and Team Effectiveness
· Proactive Planning. Utilize principles of time management to effectively maximize personal productivity.
· Safety. Personally operate in a safe and controlled manner, does not cause a hazardous situation for other employees.
· Teamwork. Invest in the success of other team members by expending extra effort to help others achieve their goals and objectives.
· Mentoring. Teach less experienced or skilled members of the team by utilizing on-the-job training opportunities.
· Personal Growth. Bring an insatiable appetite to improve personal skills by reading and pursuing education
· Profit Focused. Work to help improve profitability by controlling costs and increasing efficiency.Physical and Environmental Requirements
· Candidate must be drug free.
· Regular walking, standing, climbing, reaching, seizing, holding, grasping, turning, pulling, pushing and lifting activities are required for this position.
· Must be able to:
· Occasionally lift and carry no more than 10 pounds from floor level to waist level
· Sit/stand for extended periods of time
· Work is performed in a normal office environment.