Perform maintenance and repair of various types of heavy equipment. Maximize equipment availability through the use of efficient and proactive preventative maintenance programs. Increasing responsibilities per job grade as indicated below.
· Diagnose problems and perform mechanical repair and maintenance to stationary production machinery and to heavy equipment machinery;
· Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs using diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
· Perform routine preventative maintenance such as lubricating, oil changes, and failure analysis
· Perform all maintenance operations in accordance with technical specifications and safety regulations.
· Create work orders on repairs and services providing legible and accurate information. Input daily repair information in maintenance database.
· Periodically inspect equipment and complete equipment inspection and reports.
· Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufactures specifications.
· Operate and inspect machines/heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
· Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
· Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
· Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records.
· Read and understand operating manuals.
· Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
· Assemble gear systems, and align frames and gears.
· Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mechanical equipment.
· Weld or solder broken parts and structural members using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
· Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
· Rebuild or fabricate parts.
· Comply with all environment, health, and safety and training policies, procedures and requirements.
· Keep work area and all tools, vehicles, and equipment neat, clean, and in good repair; clean work area at the end of every shift.
· Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
· Excellent computer skills to perform computer diagnostics and to maintain service repair and maintenance records.
· Analytical skills to identify and solve mechanical problems
· Sufficient level of education to understand oral and written instructions of a technical nature relating to products and equipment.
· Must have the ability to read technical manuals and understand schematic diagrams.
· A High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Training from an accredited technical school preferred
· Apprentice – less than 2 years of experience; qualified to perform preventative maintenance and repairs.
· Mechanic I – 2 years of experience; has obtained 1 to 3 relevant certifications related to the repair and maintenance of heavy equipment; performs minor repairs independently and complicated repairs under supervision.
· Mechanic II – 2 – 5 years of experience; has obtained 4 or more relevant certifications and/or is qualified to perform significant repairs independently.
· A valid driver’s license with no major violations that would exclude a person from driving for business as defined by our insurance carrier and company policy.
· SAFETY - Our moto of SAFETY ALWAYS is at the core of everything we do each day.
· COMMUNITY- We believe that PB Materials team members should be involved in and contribute to their local communities.
· QUALITY - We are committed to consistent production practices that ensure that our customers always receive high-performing products that meet specifications.
· SERVICE - We are committed to provide customers consistent service, where we keep our promises and passionately work to meet customer needs.
· TEAMWORK - We believe that teams should capture the best ideas of every individual and use constructive conflict to identify and implement best practices.
· EXCELLENCE - We are committed to do things right the first time, and the willingness to strive to get better, all the time.
· INTEGRITY - PB Materials team members adhere to firm moral standards.
Personal and Team Effectiveness
· Proactive Planning. Utilize principles of time management to effectively maximize personal productivity.
· Safety. Personally operate in a safe and controlled manner, does not cause a hazardous situation for other employees.
· Teamwork. Invest in the success of other team members by expending extra effort to help others achieve their goals and objectives.
· Mentoring. Teach less experienced or skilled members of the team by utilizing on-the-job training opportunities.
· Personal Growth. Bring an insatiable appetite to improve personal skills by reading and pursuing education
· Profit Focused. Work to help improve profitability by controlling costs and increasing efficiency.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
· Candidate must be drug free.
· Position requires moderately strenuous physical work.
· Regular walking, standing, climbing, reaching, seizing, holding, grasping, turning, pulling, pushing and lifting activities are required for this position.
· Must be able to:
· Exert/push/pull up to 80 pounds of force frequently
· Lift and carry up to 80 pounds from floor level to above head level
· Climb in and out of equipment 50+ times per day
· Climb up and down ladders as required throughout the workday
· Work outdoors under Panhandle/West Texas/Southeastern New Mexico weather
· Work on muddy and/or icy surfaces
· Environment also includes varying noise levels and vibrations associated with shop equipment, and exposure to dust, dirt and chemicals at shop locations.